Your bladder is the hollow, muscular organ in your lower belly where urine is stored. When you urinate, the muscles of your bladder contract and push urine out through a tube called the urethra. Bladder cancer starts when cells in the bladder start to grow out of control. These cells can form into a bladder tumor. They can also spread outside your bladder to lymph nodes and to structures far from the bladder, like your bones, lungs or liver. This is known as metastasis.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Barbosa
Dr. Robert Barbosa, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Novi, MI, with other offices in Auburn Hills, MI and Warren, MI (and 4 other locations). He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery of the Hand. Dr. Barbosa is affiliated with Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center, Harper University Hospital and St John Detroit Riverview Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Barbosa has the following 1 specialty
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Barbosa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center
Harper University Hospital
St John Detroit Riverview Hospital
Providence Hospital and Medical Center
Children's Hospital of Michigan
St. John Hospital & Medical Center
Oakland Regional Hospital
St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Oakland Center)
St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Macomb Center)
Oakwood Hospital Dearborn Ctr
St. John MacombOakland Hospital
Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital
Oakland Regional Hospital and Nursing Center
OAKWOOD HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER DEARBORN
46 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1967
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert Barbosa in this video.
Dr. Robert Barbosa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Novi, MI.