Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert L Barrack has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Robert L Barrack has the following 17 expertise
- Femoral Fractures
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Tendon Injuries
- Hip Dislocation
- Joint Surgery (Arthroplasty)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Surgery (Joint Prosthesis Implantation Arthroplasty)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Prosthesis-Related Infections
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Instability
- Bone Transplantation
Dr. Robert L Barrack has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Robert L Barrack is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr barrack was rude and offended when I would ask any questions. I finally quit asking after he left the room his Asst immediately answered my questions that I had asked. She said he was always like that. Then the Dr that actually did my procedure said that there were lots of complaints about how rude Dr Barrack was. Time for him to retire.
I did not like anything about my visit with Dr. Barrack. I was a new patient, just there to get knee shots. He came into the room and just walked right past me and said to his nurse, " Are you not ready for me"! He said "lay down" and then gave me the shots. One of them about sent me through the roof because he left the needle in my leg and pushed it left to right about 5 times. No explanations. He was leaving the room, and I said, "Dr. did you see my xrays"? He replied, "yes", and left the room without even looking at me. The man said 3 words to me. His nurse gave me a piece of paper saying that I was welcome to come back and see Dr. Barrack, however he does have interns that usually give the shots! When I called for an appointment, I told them I needed knee shots.....so the receptionist must not have know about the interns. I am still perplexed that Barnes Hospital, which I love, has someone like this on their staff. This happened over a year ago, and this is the first time I have ever given a bad review, and he messed up my knee which I won't go into details about.
I had a total knee replacement 11 months ago. I have had severe pain when I try to bend my knee. dr barrack just told me to work on straightening my knee and said that everything looked goo. I went to another surgeon who withdrew fluid from my knee then gave me a cortisone injection ; I did this for four months. The surgeon said Dr. barrack didn't resurface my knee cap and the knee had too much overhang . I would never go back to Dr. Barrack.
After almost 2 hour wait, finally saw Dr Barrack. No apology. It was almost like he was going through the motions just to get through my exam. Not much of a personality. He wanted to leave before I asked all of my questions. He obviously knows his stuff but no passion for his job. Welcome to Obamacare!!
Referred to Barrack by quite a few other doctors as the best knee surgeon in St. Louis MO. Not so per my experience with him. He refused my requests for cortisone control of my severe pain. Had 3 surgeries on left knee, he did the 3rd revision. Physically the repair was well done. However, pain just as bad as always, if not worse. Still no pain relief. Very quiet man, you must ask all questions, he is not forthcoming to me with any ideas for pain control or positive therapies re pain issue. Instead speaks with a colleague one of all whom accompany him to my consultation; as if I were not there. I feel hs goal should be to bring me to controllable if not free of pain. Just not so. Sorry to speak badly about Dr. Barrack but that's just how I feel about it all. JMOHO
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
38 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Robert L Barrack accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWashington University School Of Medicine, 4921 Parkview Pl, Saint Louis, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert L Barrack in this video.
Dr. Robert L Barrack is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.