Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert K Beam has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I am in the process of finding a new primary care Dr. He doesn't take enough time with me. He is in and out of the room so much that I have very little time with him. When I call the office, he jumps to conclusions about my problems without even seeing me. I won't be back to his office. I need a Dr that really acts like a DR.
Dr. Beam is a great doctor. He is very caring and spends a lot of time trying to find out what the issue really is. We were so frustrated when our son got sick at 5 months old and refused to eat. His previous doctor kept ignoring my concerns and the issue until he was hospitalized. We didn't know where to turn, and then we found Dr. Beam. He didn't stop until he got our child well. There were many nights we called him late at night worried and he always responded promptly with care and good advice. Our son is 4 years old and has been healthy for a long time, which is in a big way due to Dr. Beam's guidance. You do have to wait a little longer than usual at this practice, but that is because Dr. Beam cares enough to take his time with each patient so I feel it is worth the wait.
Dr. Beam takes the time to find your problem. He is not a get you in get your money get you out doctor, he really cares he is not like other doctors that just want your money. He is very professional and frindely in and out of the office. Hey a doctor with a heart not just a thumping gizzard.
18 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Robert K Beam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana North Carolina PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert K Beam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kernersville, NC.