Dr. Robert Beckman Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Robert Beckman?

Awful

Posted on January 21st, 2017

He doesn't listen to you, thinks every child he sees is lactose intolerance and treats them for it, tells you you have to put your child on everything natural. He has no bed side manners and is extremely unprofessional ! my daughter was sick and he ignored the issue said we were not properly taking care of her. receptionist was also very rude when I wanted to transfer my daughter to another doctor please bring your child some where else

Wrong diagnosis

Posted on February 24th, 2016

My daughter was 6 or 7. Lived with her mom that let her do whatever she wanted and had no control over her. Dr. Beckman diagnosed her as adhd and tried to put her on meds. I fought it and had to give her herbal vitamins. I got custody soon after this and my daughter was a great happy daughter, honor roll student and happy. He should be ashamed of what he did! He has no clue!

A Dr. Who DOES care

Posted on September 4th, 2012

Dr.Beckman is k own to recommend vitamin supplements, and probiotics, yes. We did not choose to go that route for all of our children, and he NEVER made us feel bad for tat. In fact he said not all parents choose to, and that's ok. He is very kind, and it's very obvious he does care about his patients. He even spoke with me about a pregnancy of mine, and because ther were concerns was there, at the hospital, waiting while I delivered at 11 pm. I never knew a pediatrician to do that before. As long as you are not wanting a dr who is as they say "script happy", he's a great dr. Just don't expect him to treat everything with an antibiotic, because they are way overused these days, and not always the answer. If you want a dr. Who not only cares about the health of your child now, but their future health...Dr.Beckman is a great choice.

Great doctor

Posted on August 27th, 2012

Dr. Beckman has been my middle daughters ped for 2 and a half years now. He accurately diagnosed a "sensitivity" to cows milk very early on and told us to switch formulas. He never recommended expensive formula until our daughter was vomiting after every bottle. He told us to try regular formula again at 6 months and she was fine with it. She took probiotics as well. They are good to take and not expensive. He also caught her heart murmur very early. My youngest now goes to him as well. Every diagnosis and recommendation has been right on. His bedside manner has improved dramatically. My first visit with him I was put off, but I gave him a chance and I am glad I did. His office staff is second to none. They are great. I would highly recommend him to anyone searching for a knowledgeable pediatrician.

Some people don't understand his knowdge, but He is really good!

Posted on June 26th, 2012

Dr. Beckman is a great ped. He may not do things the way people are use. Like getting antibiotics. He has done his research and understands why probiotics are so important. I had three boys under his care for 6 yrs. till he moved. He left a great void hear, we all loved him very much. He went out of his way to understand and find what was the best treatments for our family. He stuff works!!! He is not at all like what the other bad comments sat he is. Just look at how many people have good to say about him!

Excellent pediatrition

Posted on September 23rd, 2011

HE was our pediatrition in Muskegon, and was great with our boys. He went out of his way for our family. What he said to do would work for helping our health issues. Was really bummed when he had to move.

Posted on June 21st, 2011

Dr. Beckman's bedside manner is quiet and to the point. He is not a "gusher" but he knows his stuff and is open to parental suggestions and thoughts. He does care about his patients, just doesn't wear it on his shirt sleeve. He does recommend probiotics but they are affordable if you shop around. He is knowledgeable about current research and health concerns. I was apprehensive about using him as a doctor at first due to his frequent diagnosis of food allergies, but the more I learn the more I realize that a lot of food allergies and sensitivities go undiagnosed. So it seems that he is on top of these issues. My only complaint is that it can be a long wait in the waiting room lately!

Not quite sure

Posted on February 5th, 2011

I was very excited to be having a Pediatrician come to our town. Until I was told that I am a terrible parent because I would not give my child probiotics daily (they are expensive & not covered by insurance)and I allowed dairy back into her diet after 11 weeks of no change in her "illness". I did get a second opinion from a speialist who indeed reasurred me, after testing, that my daughter did NOT have any type of allergy to dairy (protien). I have heard from many others in the area that this continues to be a BIG problem with this doctor as well as prescribing a very expensive formula for infants who are being breastfed or formla fed. I wonder what kind of kickback he get from these companies.

Answer to Prayer

Posted on September 2nd, 2009

Dr. Beckman was just the doctor we needed for our Autistic child. He goes the extra mile with research and has made a difference for us.

Posted on June 16th, 2017