Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert M Bedard
Dr. Robert M Bedard, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Hartford, CT. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bedard is affiliated with Manchester Memorial Hospital, Connecticut Childrens Medical Center and University of Connecticut Health Ctr-John Dempsey Hospital. Dr. Bedard has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert M Bedard has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Nasal Allergies
- Watery Eyes
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Hay Fever
Showing 5 of 13
I came in for an appointment after having a few allergic reactions to a food that I couldn't pinpoint. This doctor laughed it off and told me my mouth swelled because I probably drank hot coffee. He did a few basic allergy tests that came up negative and sent me on my way saying he "wasn't worried." First of all I do eat more than nuts and wheat, so coming up negative for those foods should only be a starting point. My primary care doctor still was concerned and thus I ended up at another doctor for further testing. There is a reason why this doctor has so many available appointments so quickly!!!!
I saw Dr. Bedard for a 2nd opinion. I wish I had gone to him 1st as I would have saved myself a lot of time, money and worry. Dr. Bedard is a down to earth, caring and very informative Dr. He has a knowledgeable, caring demeanor and you leave his office feeling "taken care of". In my book he is "ONE OF THE BEST"
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Bedard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Fletcher Allen Healthcare
Dr. Robert M Bedard accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsConnecticut Asthma Allergy Center, 836 Farmington Ave Ste 207, West Hartford, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert M Bedard in this video.
Dr. Robert M Bedard is similar to the following 0 Doctors near West Hartford, CT.