Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert E Benjamin has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
Showing 5 of 19
My son went to Abington Collaborative care and saw Dr. Benjamin. Talk about a joke, both the practice and the Dr. My son was prescribed 7 different medications at 15 years old. When asked to switch Dr's it was said the Dr's in the practice don't like to take on the other Dr's patients. I think more like they don't want to take on Dr. Benjamin's patients. 3 rehabs later, I am now battling a drug addicted child. Thanks but no thanks to Dr. Benjamin. Do the research. Most people say he over medicates. Wish I did!
Hmm I was overmedicated by a pain management doctor and another psychiatrist which a crisis team convinced my Dad to 302 me. Long story short Dr.Benjamin kept me 16 days, misdiagnosed me and over medicated me all over again. St.Lukes thinks everyone is Bipolar. I even requested not to go to St.Lukes. It is good to get more than 1 opinion concerning your diagnosis and be pro active in your healing journey. Oh Dr.Schwinderman is a toolbag as well.
to many patients for the time that he has. but is'nt this the case almost every dr.'s office. they just want to suck up your insurance money/ money. know one can afford him if you don't have the insurance that he takes. it's a shame because people are not getting the mental help that is really needed by him & other doctor's.
Dr. Benjamin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Institute Of Pennsylvania Hospital
Dr. Robert E Benjamin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Select
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSt Lukes Hospital Quakertown Campus, 1021 Park Ave, Quakertown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert E Benjamin in this video.
Dr. Robert E Benjamin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Quakertown, PA.