Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert M Benson Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Robert M Benson Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 19
Great doctor with a great new staff. However, slower than a glacier. You could wait up to 3-4 hours for a checkup. When you do finally see him, he is a GREAT DR. He is very smart with diagnosis and has amazing bedside manner. He takes as much time as needed with you (which is what you are truly there for anyways, right) and gives you ample opportunity to get your needs addresses. If you want a quick in and out, pass this office. If you want a thorough and honest dr. with your best interest in mind, bring a good book!!
I know the wait time is "crappy", but it's worth it to me. I work in the medical field and see how so many doctors rush their patients and do not really listen to their concerns. Dr. Benson has always listened to me and genuinely seems to care. He actually remembers issues with my personal life and will ask me if things are better - even if it is a year later! He's concerned with my physical AND mental well-being. I have been a patient since 1989 and as long as he is in practice I will continue to see him. The good outweighs the bad for me.
The staff at this doctor's office is absolutely the most rude group of people I've ever had to encounter. Dr. Benson should be ashamed to employ these people. I've never had a wait in this office less than 45 minutes. Any medical questions I've asked have been met with an unknowing answer. After having repeated encounters with a certain nurse, I wrote a letter to Dr. and Mrs. Benson to which they replied that they understand if I need to go elsewhere. Basically they put on a nice front and then they don't really care how you're treated. If you want to wait hours on end for treatment that is sub-par this is the doctor for you!
Dr. Benson is one of the most kind and caring doctors I've ever been to. He is extremely patient when listening to me explaining my problems and seems genuinely concerned about them. I like that he gives great advice when it comes to solving my health issues. Not only will he prescribe me medicine to help, but he also will give me advice about alternative treatments. He is also very thorough when explaining the medication he gives his patients. Before your appointment is over he'll had you your prescriptions one by one & tell you what they are for & how you should take them. I've never had another doctor do that; usually I get handed some papers for prescriptions I'm totally clueless about. I would recommend Dr. Benson to anyone!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Benson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Dr. Robert M Benson Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO