Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Bertrand
Dr. Robert Bertrand, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Chicago, IN, with other offices in Valparaiso, IN and Hobart, IN (and 1 other location). He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Occupational Medicine. Dr. Bertrand is affiliated with St Mary Medical Center Inc, St. Catherine Hospital and Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Bertrand has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Occupational Medicine
You might work with an occupational therapist when you’re injured or if you have a disability. They rehabilitate and assist patients with every day activities, such as eating, getting dressed, working and attending social events. This includes self-care, leisure and work-related activities that lead to increased independence and development. Their goal is to empower people to still live the life they want despite any physical, developmental, social and/or emotional issues they might face.
Dr. Robert Bertrand has the following 1 expertise
- Occupational Medicine
Dr. Robert Bertrand has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Bertrand is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Mary Medical Center Inc
St. Catherine Hospital
Munster, IN 46321
4321 Fir Street
St. Catherine Hospital, 4321 Fir Street, East Chicago, IN
1500 South Lake Park Avenue
St. Mary Medical Center, 1500 South Lake Park Avenue, Hobart, IN
Community Hospital, 901 MacArthur Blvd., Munster, IN
VHC and PHC
East Chicago, IN 46312
901 MacArthur Blvd.
38 Years Experience
McGill University Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert Bertrand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Chicago, IN.