The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert R Birdwell has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert R Birdwell has the following 5 expertise
- Cancerous Tumor
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
Dr. Robert R Birdwell has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Robert R Birdwell is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I had seen Dr. Birdwell at the bedside of a dear friend long before we needed his services personally. There was no one we would have felt more at ease with than he. My husband is a survivor of Mantle Cell Lymphoma and I am in treatment now for Waldenstrom's. He makes it his business to make a difference in our lives. Ginger Wood
WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT I HAD BREST CANCER, I CALLED AND ASKED ONE OF MY FRIENDS THAT WORKED AT ST ELIZABETH HOSPITAL, WHO WAS THE BEST ONCOLOGIST AND HE SAID DR. BIRDWELL. SO I MADE MY APPOINTMENT WITH HIM, AND HE ALWAYS HAS KIND WORDS AND ENCOURAGING STATEMENTS WHEN IM UGLY FACWE CRYING IN HIS OFFICE. I COULD HAVE NOT ASKED FOR A BETTER EXPERIENCE. THANK YOU DOC BIRDWELL AND BONNIE AND LANELLE.
Dr. Birdwell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1974
Dallas Co Hp Parkland Memorial
Dr. Robert R Birdwell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsTexas Oncology Beaumont Mamie Mcfaddin Cancer Center, 690 N 14th St, Beaumont, TX
Dr. Robert R Birdwell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beaumont, TX.