Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Brent
Dr. Robert Brent, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wilmington, DE. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Genetics and Pediatrics. Dr. Brent is affiliated with Alfred I Dupont Institute, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and AI duPont Hospital for Children. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Brent has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Genetics
Geneticists are doctors with expertise in genetic or hereditary disorders. Many of the diseases we get are inherited, or passed on through the genes of our biological parents. These specialists study the biology behind a genetic disorder's origin, the traits that it presents in a patient and its pathway. This allows them to diagnose and treat each illness effectively.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Birth Defects or Abnormalities (Congenital Abnormalities)
- Cleft Palate
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Fetal Diseases
- Fetal Growth Retardation
- Growth Disorders
- Mental Retardation
- Neural Tube Defects
- Pregnancy Complications
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Brent is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Alfred I Dupont Institute
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
AI duPont Hospital for Children
24 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1989
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Dr. Robert Brent accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlfred I DuPont Hospital for Children, 1600 Rockland Rd, Wilmington, DE
Dr. Robert Brent is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, DE.