Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert J Bulgarelli
Dr. Robert J Bulgarelli, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Newtown Square, PA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bulgarelli is affiliated with Riddle Hospital. Dr. Bulgarelli has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert J Bulgarelli has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert J Bulgarelli has the following 12 expertise
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
Showing 5 of 9
First meeting. new doctor for me. Walks into the room; "I'm Bob". Now, that could be a new Age act, but it's not. He truly wants to cut out the formality and distance and help you help yourself. Open to and knowledgeable about alternatives to the pharma -only approach. Best move I ever made was finding a Doctor who listens and isn't dogmatically programmed to the past canons regarding heart health. The truth is always being revealed. The edge moves and Bob is flexible and smart enough to go with that fact of life.
I can't believe the other reviewer went to the same doctor as me. Seems like a disgruntled person and shouldn't be threatening to sue in this forum. Dr. Bulgarelli was wonderful. I had a heart arrhythmia that was slowing me down and he worked with me through testing and medication trials to get me back to normal. Nothing but respectful to me and spent time with me during my appt. I didn't feel rushed.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Bulgarelli is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Lankenau Medical Center
Dr. Robert J Bulgarelli accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsLankenau Heart Group, 3855 W Chester Pike Ste 240, Newtown Square, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert J Bulgarelli in this video.
Dr. Robert J Bulgarelli is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newtown Square, PA.