Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert R Buras has the following 1 specialty
- Breast Cancer (Phyllodes Tumor)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer (Medullary Carcinoma)
- Nipple Discharge (Galactorrhea)
- Mammary Paget's Disease
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer (Lobular Carcinoma)
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 11
From the moment I met Dr. Buras, I knew I was in good hands. He was very thorough in his examination and explained all my options, answering all my questions with research to back up his explanations. I had a bilateral mastectomy and my surgery and healing went very smoothly. He coordinated my care with the plastic surgeon who did the subsequent breast reconstruction. I felt very prepared and relaxed prior to surgery and appreciated Dr. Buras checking in on me while I was waking up after surgery. I am very pleased with my care and results from Dr. Buras!
Dr. Buras is an outstanding member of the amazing team that has cared for me during my experience with breast cancer. Before meeting with Dr. Buras, I was scared, upset, and stressed out. All that ceased once I met with the Dr. Buras. From the time I called to make an appointment to now, everyone welcomed me, reassured me, gave me hugs, and made it clear I wasn't in this alone. Dr. Buras himself was fantastic. He took all the time needed to explain my options, along with risks and benefits. He explained things clearly, but he wasn't condescending about it. He was very respectful, kind, and reassuring. When I asked questions, he answered them and made sure I understood the answer. Importantly, when my friend who accompanied me to the appointment asked questions, he made sure to maintain eye contact with her as he answered her questions. He and the plastic surgeon handling my reconstruction have worked together several times before, and that was clear in the way they consulted together when my treatment plan had to change. I also have to recognize Alyson Figlioli, my nurse navigator, who reassured me and answered any questions I had. I would heartily recommend Dr. Buras to anyone facing a breast cancer diagnosis.
I saw Dr. Buras for the first time yesterday - he drained a cyst in my right breast that I had had for a year and that was starting to bother me. He was very courteous, knowledgeable and took a lot of time - I was actually impressed by that!! I had to wait for quite a while between different parts of the appointment, but as long as I get good treatment, I don't mind. I will make him my new breast doctor!!
Dr. Buras is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Dr. Robert R Buras accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAamc Breast Center, 2000 Medical Pkwy Ste 200, Annapolis, MD
Dr. Robert R Buras is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Annapolis, MD.