Dr. Robert Burnstein Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Burnstein?

Worse experience ever!!!

Posted on June 4th, 2016

Dr Burnstein should be under psychiatric care NOT providing it. He is arrogant, condescending and rude. In my opinion he runs a pill mill and has no business treating anyone with metal health issues. He seems to have too many of his own. The most judge mental and downright mean psychiatrist I have ever heard of and had the misfortune of seeing. He needs to be reported for misconduct.

Good 1st visit

Posted on October 7th, 2015

I've just had my 1st visit and found him to be very thorough and professional. He had good input as to makeing med changes and the therapist in the office is very knowledgeable and caring. I look forward to my conditions improving with their help. Staff very courteous.

Met my expectations

Posted on September 23rd, 2015

I read all of the reviews here and still scheduled an appointment because I like to form my own opinion. I'm glad I did. Now, granted, I've only seen Dr. Burnstein once to date. I understand that my opinion could change over time, and if it does, I will be back to update my review accordingly. However, at this point, I have to disagree with the negative reviews on this site. I think perhaps people have unrealistic expectations going in. No one doctor or therapist has the ability to magically make everything "all better" - regardless how many visits you've had with him or her. There is no magic pill that can be prescribed which will take the pain away. And I know a little something about this because I've suffered with major depression for decades and have recently been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. The majority (>90%) of my days are spent being depressed, anxious and sometimes even suicidal. It would be unrealistic of me to expect Dr. Burnstein to be able to "fix" that in X number of visits. He read my chart, asked me a lot of questions and listened to all of my answers. He verbalized empathy with my situation. He never said anything to me that implied he thought I was "pathetic" as some here have said. He never said anything belittling to me. It's true, he's not all teddy bears, rainbows, unicorns and sunshine. But I didn't expect him to be. Maybe that's why I'm not disappointed. Bottom line is, I believe he is in practice because he does care and he does want to help people. I didn't get the impression from him or from his staff that all they care about is the money as some here have also said. That was not at all my experience. Just like him, his office staff were not warm and fuzzy, but they were polite, courteous and professional. There were a lot of patients coming and going through there during my short 10-15 minute wait. It takes a lot to keep a busy office like that running smoothly. As far as I'm concerned, if his office staff can do that, then they've met my needs. I need them to schedule my next appointment and handle the insurance billing, etc. From what I can see, they do a fine job of that. No complaints. For now, I've walked away from my first appointment with a change in meds which will hopefully yield some improvement in my symptoms. I have a follow up appointment in 3 weeks to see how my meds are working and tweak if needed. That's the extent of Dr. Burnstein's obligation to me. It's MY responsibility to continue in my talk therapy, which I will do. Dr. Burnstein is not a talk therapist. (Most Psychiatrists do not do talk therapy. The usual purpose for going to a Psychiatrist is for medication only.) All in all, I'm pleased with Dr. Burnstein after my first visit. I find him to be professional and thorough. I find his staff the same. As I said earlier, should my opinion change significantly, I will come back and revise this review.

Posted on September 8th, 2015

very professional

What an uneducated doctor...

Posted on August 12th, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr burnstein for the last 4 years. Six months ago everything suddenly went haywire. He stopped trusting my judgement and opinions, and even told they would "take a survey" of how many people are sent to voicemail vs. Actual pickups. In my four years, I have never spoken to someone on the phone unless they call me back. And that usually takes days. Burnstein blames his staff for this, but frankly he's unwilling to talk unless you come in and pay for a session. He recently "tapered" me off risperdal, while he was on vacation. He cut the dosage literally 9x faster than he should've. I got so sick after the first taper, I vomited 9 days in a row and lost 11.5 lbs and he felt that was nothing to be concerned with (FYI I'm normally 120 lbs). And continued to deny the possibility of risperdal withdrawal. After having to go to urgent care, and speaking with several medical professionals at the office, all of them confirmed the withdrawal is real, it puts people in hospitals. We have all concluded he's a manipulative ahole. I strongly suggest not wasting your time, particularly if you are young and female. He has no respect for his patients, is egregiously late to every appt, and has actually left my emergency appt to take a personal phone call... For 15 minutes. This man is a disgrace of a medical professional.

patient

Posted on June 2nd, 2015

very good

Posted on June 1st, 2015

excellent Doctor

Rude man

Posted on May 6th, 2015

Very condescending and i always felt rushed. I feel like he just running a money assembly line. And the staff is very cold and uncaring. They made me even more depressed.

Posted on April 26th, 2015

very nice doctor

Posted on April 8th, 2015

excellent Doctor

Posted on April 7th, 2015

excellent Dr

Truly disappointing

Posted on February 21st, 2015

I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone. They made me pay $250 because "my deductible hadn't been met for the year." They refused to call my insurance company when I informed them I already met my deductible. I was also told I would be billed a cancelation fee if I didn't pay it. The next day I brought in a letter from my insurance company confirming I had met my deductible and the only lady who could help me was on vacation. It took 3 weeks to finally talk to her, twice of being told the check was in the mail. It wasn't until I informed her I would call my attorney that this finally got resolved, 6 weeks later. Not only is the staff uncourteous, Dr. Burnstein is the worst doctor I ever went to. You can truly tell he is all about making money when you are lucky to get 5 minutes of his time. Not only is it a revolving door of clients, he also receives a lot of kickbacks from Pharmaceutical companies. This can be verified now that these payments are publicly posted online on the open payments data government website. Do yourself a favor and do not see a psychiatrist who prescribes medications based off who is filling his wallet.