Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert S Burress
Dr. Robert S Burress, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Spring, TX, with another office in Houston, TX. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Allergy & Immunology. Dr. Burress is affiliated with Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital and Tomball Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert S Burress has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Allergy & Immunology
- Hay Fever
- Watery Eyes
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Food Allergies
- Nasal Allergies
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I have been seeing Dr. Burrus for over fifteen years. I have a very, very rare disorder that is extremely resistant to treatment and requires lots of complicated interactions with other specialists. He never rushes, and is extremely thorough. His records are meticulous and helped me prove medical necessity for a rather obscure treatment.
This physician is cold and does not care about his patients. He barely looked at me the entire time he was in the office. He didn't care to offer any suggestions for what I should do about a sensitive issue. He clearly just wanted to go home. Awful awful awful. I am all fortunate enough to have Dr in front of my name and I would never treat my patients this way nor will I EVER refer anyone to see this provider. If I could leave less than 1 star I would.
Dr. Burress is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Robert S Burress accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert S Burress in this video.
Dr. Robert S Burress is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Spring, TX.