Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert C Schwartz Jr has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Robert C Schwartz Jr has the following 14 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Migraine Disorder
- Nerve Conduction Studies
Dr. Robert C Schwartz Jr has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Robert C Schwartz Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Schwartz was very helpful to me. He was my first psychiatrist, and i have had only two. I now live out if state and have been with my current doctor for over three years. I was treated by Dr. Schwartz for two years, and, although I feel he changed my meds too frequently, I have not since felt the ease with which I felt when speaking with him regarding any subject. He never made me feel ashamed, no matter what I confessed to him. This was and is very important to me. I am very happy with my current doctor, but always worry that I will be judged if I tell him everything. Dr. Schwarzt never made me feel that way, and I believe that he deserves recognition re: this particular gift, as it seems invaluable, to me, in order for psychotherapy to help in any way. I feel that he helped me very much.
Doesn't know what he is doing. I regret that I spent so much time going to him, but I was in such distress, didn't realize I needed to find a qualified doctor. Spent more time talking about his life than trying to help me. He pretty much just gave up on trying to help with my problems. Told me we had tried every med avaliable for my problems. When I went to another doctor found out there are many more meds to try.
44 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Austin Medical Education Program
Dr. Robert C Schwartz Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
Locations & DirectionsRobert C Schwartz Md Pa, 6301 Gaston Ave Ste 541, Dallas, TX
Dr. Robert C Schwartz Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.