Dr. Robert Ward III Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Robert Ward III?

Its not common for me to rate a place or person with all areas at the highest mark. But, if i'm not, I am able to justify it with a reason or two. Dr. Ward was beyond great, he spent a lot of time with me, talked went over things. Explained why he referred to other docs. Very pleasant and its like the old days, when you got to know the doc, and them you and your family. Not waiting for a half hour in the lobby, then a nurse takes you back to get your vitals (now in most cases you'll spend more time with her) then about 15 min later the doc will pop in - you tell him everything you already to the nurse, then they are gone within 5 minutes. Then the nurse comes back to toss you out and readies the room for the next person. Dr. Ward and his officer nothing like that.

Best Doctor I've had

I've had many travels and many docs in my days. Dr Ward treated me for nearly a decade for stroke and related complications. For me, he was extremely personable and talented way above the level that you'd expect from a small town doctor. I dont like going to doctors or hospitals, but I truly looked forward to seeing Dr Ward, when I lived in that area. Thanks Doctor Ward.

Dr Ward is arrogant but competent. Front office is very poorly run.

I have been seeing Dr. Ward since 1996. I was diagnosed with M. S. in 1995 @ U of M Medical Center, which is a 4 hr. trip from home. My primary care doctor referred me to Dr. Ward. He has always been very personable. He listens, answers any questions I have.

When he enters the exam room his attention is solely on you

Because of my medical condition I have had to deal with MANY Neurologists for the past 26 years. Mostly, I have found them arrogant and dismissive but that is not the case with Dr. Ward. He acknowledges you as a person and not a diagnosis and has a personality that gives you hope; definitely not a doomsday doctor.

Grand sweeps of opinion without checking MRI or history etc..

He appeared rushed in demeanor,he received a personal phone call on his cell phone and an apparent text message. He took the time to text back. He admitted he had not taken the time to read his requested written information or my radiographic/MRI history. He negated my oral history,he negated my primary MD's recommendations. He negated specialists recommendation & treatment. He told me spinal injections that did help me "didn't work, did they?" He told my spouse Auto insurance wouldn't pay for what they already have. He appeared annoyed that I did not have numbness per referral only diminished reflexes. He asked questions then didn't wait for a complete answer before negating the information he received. He recommended I read a few books to "get my life back" He apologized for his rough demeanor before he left. I've had better historical evaluations from palm readers. He and his partner are the only neurologists in town. If I need a neurologist in the future I will drive the additional 50+ miles to go to someone willing to take the time to evaluate my status in full. My personal opinion is he appeared a messianic spoiled little boy at heart who has not had to deal with or accept many conflicting opinions. I am very happy I don't have to live with or work for this man and I pity the people who do.

He is a jerk! Never again.

I used to see him about 15 yrs ago and since have praised him and recommended him to everyone. Not any more. My father was injured in an auto accident. He hit his head pretty bad and is having memory problems and experiencing a lot of pain. He was referred to Dr. Ward. He (Dr. Ward) sat with his back facing my dad, but facing me as he dictated notes into his computer. He raised his voice to both of us. He would ask my father a question through gritted teeth as if he hated my father. He was facing me so I saw everything. He would grit his teeth and mumble under his breath after every question we answered of his. He asked me a question and while trying to answer, he cut me off and raised his voice at me "YOU SAID THAT ALREADY!" when I didn't. He never let me finish so he would know I wasn't repeating myself. I wish I would have said something to him right then and there, but I was so shocked at his behavior that I was more speechless than anything. He lad a look of pure hatred on his face. He treated both of us unprofessionally. His actions stayed with me for weeks after the visit. The only thing either of us could think of was he may have been personal friends with the man who owned the car my dad was injured in. I don't know. It doesn't matter what his reasons would be. There was no need for it. He is a total jerk and I advise everyone to look elsewhere for health care.

Very good listener

I have been to many doctors before this and each one sending me to another. Dr Ward listened,ordered the appropriate tests and put me on the right medicine. I have never felt better.