Dr. Robert Centeno Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Robert Centeno?

Posted on October 7th, 2015

friendly professional prompt painless surgery. complete recovery without scar. thanks dr centeno!

Excellent multiple services by Dr. Centeno

Posted on July 1st, 2013

Dr. Centeno did a mini face life, neck lift surgery, laser resurfacing on the face, and fat grafting on the face, with excellent results. I found him to be a calm, kind, and patient doctor, who took time to explain things thoroughly, giving me a realistic idea of what could be done. His follow-up help has been great, as I turned out to be a slow healer. His support staff is excellent, and office hours are very flexible. I found him to be not only a fine doctor, but a genuinely concerned person who has been there for me throughout..

BURNS FROM LASER ON BELLY

Posted on November 12th, 2012

Dr Centeno was supposed to treat stretch marks of the belly with laser. The belly has permanent burns from the laser.He does not accept responsibility for his actions. This experience has effected my physically and emotionally.S. M.

Doctor's Response

As I discuss with all of my patients, there are no proven techiques for the cosmetic treatment of stretch marks except for surgical removal of the affected skin. If a patient refuses to have a tummy tuck to remove the affected skin, then non surgical skin laser skin tightening procedures can be attempted to gain some improvement. Non-surgical laser tightening devices do provide some improvement, but the technology is not yet as effective as surgery. Informed consent and a thorough explanation of all options were given to this patient. It is dissapointing that she neglected to mention these discusssions, the postop care recommended as well as the careful attempt to manage what were unrealistic expectations to begin with. Sometimes it is appropriate to to end a doctor patient relationship when other issues are interferring with the therapeutic relationship.

Posted on April 8th, 2012

Thoughtful, caring. Excellent bedside manner.

Incredibly gifted surgeon

Posted on August 15th, 2011

I underwent 2 majors surgeries with Dr. Centeno. I trusted him and he did not disappoint. He was always there for me, physically and emotionally. I once dropped a boxcutter on my foot and made a huge gash that needed quite a few stitches. I should have gone to an emergency room. I mean do you really need a plastic surgeon for your foot? I trusted this man and I called him. He didnt hesitate, I went in immediately, he dropped what he was doing stitched my foot and sent me on my way. My insurance wouldnt pay for a plastic surgeon's fee (imagine that) He didn't charge me. I never saw a bill. I thought there was a billing error and I asked him about it. He just shrugged and smiled at me.

Plastic doctor

Posted on August 7th, 2009

Likes to talk. I can't recommend him to anyone!

Doctor's Response

One person's talk is another's education! I pride myself in providing thorough and up to date education on the medical condition affecting a patient and all of the treatment options, risks, benefits and alternatives. We also provide this information in writing to our patients. Patients always have the option of seeking another provider if their personalities or approaches do not mesh. A patient's lack of interest in their care does not absolve me of my responsibility to educate and to inform.

Posted on March 14th, 2009

I went to the vascular surgeon for follow up after Dr. Centeno moved back to the Virgin Islands. Dr. Centenos patients were told this Doctor trained him in the vein treatments that he performed on my legs. This doctor told me that he never met Dr. Centenno nor trained him in any procedures. Did Dr. Centeno watch a video? who really trained him? Why did he mislead his patients?

Doctor's Response

Upon my move from St. Louis to The U.S. Virgin Islands, as any responsible physician would do, I contacted a local vascular surgeon to provide follow-up care to my vein patients should they require further care. My general and vascular surgery training was in Philadelphia, PA not in St. Louis. Any represenations made to patients after my departure by staff were unknown to me. My new contact information was provided to all former patients should they have required additional information or care.

Posted on March 28th, 2017