Dr. Robert J Connelly Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert J Connelly?

Mixed feelings

I needed a new primary care physician and was having some health issues; Dr. Connelly has good reviews and what I thought was convenient location (my insurance website listed his location as being in the Loop, not Wicker Park, which is a slog for me). Despite the location not being as convenient as I hoped, I made an appointment. The staff were courteous and pleasant and my wait time was very minimal. Overall, Dr. Connelly is pleasant, friendly, and caring. However, it seems that he made his mind up about what my issues were before I even had the chance to really talk to him. If, like me, you've ever battled anxiety & depression, you've probably experienced a similar dismissiveness from at least one doctor. It isn't fair, and it seems to be quite common. It's enough to make a person want to avoid mentioning a history of mental illness for fear of being dismissed as a headcase. This is the attitude I was getting from Dr. Connelly, and I politely called him out on it. He was sympathetic, but continued to suggest that "99% of (my] symptoms are probably due to your anxiety". He then suggested I take up yoga. He did some bloodwork to cover the usual bases anyway. So, the bloodwork revealed an overactive thyroid, something that yoga will not help. I am grateful to Dr. Connelly for referring me to a wonderful endocrinologist who is helping to treat my Graves' Disease. Ultimately I got answers. I could have done without being treated like a hypochondriac, though.

Maybe a good Doc, maybe not

It was my 1st visit and I was greeted with rudeness, but the front desk person who demanded to know why I was there. When I informed her that I had an appointment, she berated me that the Dr was gone and every had been notified. I had never recieved a message, nor can I find one now, but she became insistent to the point of implying I was lying. When her colleague finally offered to schedule me with someone else, I indicated I prefered another doctor in some other clinic where the staff was less rude. The other woman began to yell at me that she was not rude. Yah right.

yay!

After jumping from doctor to doctor on bad insurance, I finally got good insurance and wasn't sure how to find a doctor... so I Yelped one! He had great reviews and was near me, so I made an appointment.The office staff is very very nice, I never have to wait, and Connelly isn't pushy and has great bedside manner. I am very pleased.

Great Doc, Great Listener, I could not say more good things about him

I would definitely recommend Dr. Robert Connelly - he personally calls me with all of my test results and is there whenever I need an opinion.I am in the medical profession and he is well above average .

Dr. Robert J Connelly is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.