More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Cordoba
Dr. Robert Cordoba, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sunrise, FL, with another office in Palmetto Bay, FL. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Cordoba is affiliated with Jackson Memorial Hospital, South Miami Hospital Inc and Palmetto General Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Cordoba has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Cordoba is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jackson Memorial Hospital
South Miami Hospital Inc
Palmetto General Hospital
Jackson South Community Hospital
Pan American Hospital
Columbia Deering Hospital
30 Years Experience
Universidad De Montemorelos
Graduated in 1983
Long Island College Hospital
Dr. Robert Cordoba accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert Cordoba is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sunrise, FL.