Type 2 Diabetes
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert G Courgi has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert G Courgi has the following 17 expertise
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Weight Loss
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Complications
- Addison Disease
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Courgi is a fantastic physician. I switched from my previous physician after he undertook my care while I was in the hospital and my own endocrinologist never bothered to even come to the hospital to see me. He has an excellent bedside manner, funny and makes you feel comfortable. He is very thorough as well. I would absolutely recommend him!
Dr. Courgi is an excellent doctor. His disgnostic skills and friendliness is top rate. He will explain test results and illnesses at length and listens to all patients concerns. The major complaint is waiting for your appointment, at times you can wait up to an hour and the waiting area is small and usually crowded.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
21 Years Experience
St Georges University
Graduated in 1997
Winthrop University Hospital
Dr. Robert G Courgi accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouthside Hospital, 301 E Main St, Bay Shore, NY
Dr. Robert G Courgi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bay Shore, NY.