Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert E Cunnion
Dr. Robert E Cunnion, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fairfax, VA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Cunnion is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Cunnion has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert E Cunnion has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Cholesterol
- Nutritional Support
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Preventive Medicine
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I am a fairly healthy 46 year old with a history of Heart Disease. I have been frustrated with the lack of interest and desire of past doctors to be curious about why I have had these problems since I was 33. ( Don't smoke, not overweight and healty diet ) So far every doctor I have seen spends 10 mins with me after taking a five minute look at my chart. Often they have changed my medicine on a whim. Dr Cunnion is the first Dr I have come across that seems curious. He spent an hour ( yes an hour) with me. He stated he wanted to take two weeks to look over all my records, did not what to make any drastic changes to my medicines, and wanted to run some test outside the normal to see if there were other reasons for this issue. He is the first Dr who started off by asking me to tell my whole medical story. I was treated like I was at one of those personalized expensive clinics. I really felt he took a sincere interest. Its only one visit but its been a long time since I thought that a Dr. actually cared about a patient. All I could say was thank you, my seven year old said that you as well.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2016, 2009, 2012, 2008, 2010, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2010, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Cunnion is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Georgetown University Medical Center
Dr. Robert E Cunnion accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInova Medical Group, 8505 Arlington Blvd Ste 200, Fairfax, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert E Cunnion in this video.
Dr. Robert E Cunnion is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.