Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Robert D Nelson
Dr. Robert D Nelson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winston Salem, NC. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medical Services and Emergency Medicine. Dr. Nelson is affiliated with North Carolina Specialty Hospital, Novant Health Matthews Medical Center and Carteret Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert D Nelson has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. Robert D Nelson has the following 3 expertise
Dr. Robert D Nelson has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Robert D Nelson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Was seen in WFBMC Emergency by this Dr. Went to WF because they are supposed "experts" in plastic surgery, which was causing the infection we needed to have treated. Dr. Nelson could have called Plastic Surgery Center (5 floors up) for council, but chose to ignore our request for treatment. This decision caused a 4 day hospital stay, and a $7,000 bill...which could have been avoided. This Doctor doesn't do his homework...patient beware.
Dr. Nelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Carolinas Medical Center
Dr. Robert D Nelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsWake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert D Nelson, MD - Emergency Medicine in Winston Salem, NC, in this video.
Dr. Robert D Nelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.