Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert D Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 14
This was a change of PCP. I had heard good things about Dr Smith, and I had hardly seen my official PCP since my former PCP left his practice more than 6 years ago. Instead, I had frequented a specialist and an integrative practice, neither acting as PCPs, though. Yet my insurance company now requires a PCP. Even though I alerted Dr Smith's office right away when I double-checked with my official former PCP's office the week before my appointment and discovered that the documents from my few visits would not be there in time, Dr Smith's PA told me a) to keep the appointment, b) that there were sufficient documents available from my former PCP, and c) that he would alert everyone in the office, including the physician, to the issue. Dr Smith, it turned out, had no idea. Nor did he conduct the physical I had been told was mandatory for a first visit. I had requested an interview only to decide whether I wanted him as a PCP. His charge to the insurance company and me then reflected that fact: a hefty "new patient visit" fee plus a co-pay (no co-pay for physicals). Anyway, if it was not Dr Smith's 'fault,' his responsibility is to tell his personnel to keep him informed of what is going on. If a patient is not supposed to see him without 100% of the documents, then his PA ought to know to tell the patient to reschedule when the patient calls to reschedule. And the doctor should not treat the patient with barely repressed rudeness. The patient did what was humanly possible. The only good thing that happened was a referral to a specialist who appears to be competent--but also overworked. And I am, once more, searching...
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
30 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Robert D Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBaystate Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Northampton, 325B King St, Northampton, MA
Dr. Robert D Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Northampton, MA.