Have you seen Dr. Robert D Smith?

Disappointing First Meeting.

This was a change of PCP. I had heard good things about Dr Smith, and I had hardly seen my official PCP since my former PCP left his practice more than 6 years ago. Instead, I had frequented a specialist and an integrative practice, neither acting as PCPs, though. Yet my insurance company now requires a PCP. Even though I alerted Dr Smith's office right away when I double-checked with my official former PCP's office the week before my appointment and discovered that the documents from my few visits would not be there in time, Dr Smith's PA told me a) to keep the appointment, b) that there were sufficient documents available from my former PCP, and c) that he would alert everyone in the office, including the physician, to the issue. Dr Smith, it turned out, had no idea. Nor did he conduct the physical I had been told was mandatory for a first visit. I had requested an interview only to decide whether I wanted him as a PCP. His charge to the insurance company and me then reflected that fact: a hefty "new patient visit" fee plus a co-pay (no co-pay for physicals). Anyway, if it was not Dr Smith's 'fault,' his responsibility is to tell his personnel to keep him informed of what is going on. If a patient is not supposed to see him without 100% of the documents, then his PA ought to know to tell the patient to reschedule when the patient calls to reschedule. And the doctor should not treat the patient with barely repressed rudeness. The patient did what was humanly possible. The only good thing that happened was a referral to a specialist who appears to be competent--but also overworked. And I am, once more, searching...

Dr. Smith seems like a competent and caring doctor. I liked him.

Dr. Robert D Smith is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Northampton, MA.