Get the facts about facelift, including the visible signs of aging that different types of procedures can address.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- Sleep Apnea Sleep apnea symptoms, risk factors, and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert D Thomas has the following 2 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
Dr. Robert D Thomas has the following 26 expertise
- REM Sleep Behavior Disorder
- Hearing Loss
- Swallowing Disorders
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders (Otorhinolaryngologic Diseases)
- Nodular Goiter (Thyroid Swelling)
- Sore Throat (Pharyngitis)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Chronic Sinusitis
- Disorders of Excessive Sleepiness (Hypersomnia)
- Bilateral Hearing Loss
- Frontal Sinusitis
- Goiter (Thyroid Swelling)
- Deviated Septum
- Ear, Nose and/or Throat Cancer (Ortorhinolaryngologic Neoplasm)
- Age-related Hearing loss (Presbycusis)
- Conductive Hearing Loss
- Ethmoid Sinusitis
- Central Sleep Apnea
- Facial Trauma
- Ear Infection (Otitis)
- Smell Disorders
- Tonsil Removal (Tonsillectomy)
Dr. Robert D Thomas is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
University Of Chicago Medicine
Dr. Robert D Thomas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert D Thomas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hinsdale, IL.