Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Desilverio
Dr. Robert Desilverio, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. He has 54 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Desilverio is affiliated with Central Montgomery Medical Center, Abington Memorial Hospital and Hahnemann University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Desilverio has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Desilverio is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Central Montgomery Medical Center
Abington Memorial Hospital
Hahnemann University Hospital
Andrew K Pollack Md Anns Choice Medical Center
54 Years Experience
Graduated in 1959
Philadelphia General Hospital
Dr. Robert Desilverio accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRobert Vincent Desilverio MD, 1700 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. Robert Desilverio is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.