Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert R Ditkoff has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Lasik Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Exam
- Eye Pain
- Vision Issues
- Macular Degeneration
Showing 5 of 24
Dr.Ditkoff has become quite money oriented rather than patient oriented. Refractory charges, not covered by insurance, are over the top and excessive. The office manager (Amy) is nasty and refuses to talk about billing and payment issues; says she's too busy. Collection agents are put on your tail even when payments are made and recorded. All in all, Dr. Ditkoff is running a money business, not a medical practice and it is a very unfriendly experience. Best to avoid.
Although attentive when I had major complications after my surgery, I find that I now have night vision problems from my cataract surgery. I think my lenses are too small and when my iris opens up at night, while driving, I have prominent and hugely distracting circles and halo rings around all sources of light. I did not care for his associate Dr. Sarachek, not one bit. Also, $350 per eye for a measurement test...not covered by insurance, perhaps excessive.
Dr. Ditkoff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Robert R Ditkoff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert R Ditkoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.