Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Dohner
Dr. Robert Dohner, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Augusta, ME, with other offices in Augusta, ME and Waterville, ME (and 7 other locations). He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Dr. Dohner is affiliated with Wayne Memorial Hospital - Honesdale, Wayne County Mem Hosp and Wayne Memorial Hosp. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Dohner has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Hospice care & Palliative medicine specialists focus their practice on pain management, symptom relief and qualify-of-life treatments to relieve the suffering of terminally ill patients. These doctors have specialized expertise in the treatment of patients with serious illnesses, advanced diseases and conditions resulting from catastrophic injury. Though often they work within hospice settings, they prevent and alleviate suffering appropriate at any age and stage of disease and can work alongside practitioners providing curative treatments.
Hospice care & Palliative medicine focuses on depression, pain, fatigue, constipation, nausea, shortness of breath, loss of appetite and difficulty sleeping, among other conditions. They also alleviate psychosocial distress and other stressors that accompany terminal illnesses. They are skilled in guiding families through legal and ethical decision-making in end-of-life care and can address spiritual issues at these times. By coordinating care across settings by improving communication among providers, they improve access to information for families so that they understand the patient's condition and treatment options.
Dr. Robert Dohner is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Dohner gives his patients the time they need to be seen properly, everything explained to them fully, concerning treatments and/or medications. His bedside manner is excellent. He is very personable, friendly and polite, and he genuinely cares for his patients. I highly recommend him for anyone looking for a good and thorough family Doctor in the area around Lakewood, PA.
Dr. Dohner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Wayne Memorial Hospital - Honesdale
Wayne County Mem Hosp
Wayne Memorial Hosp
15 Years Experience
University of New England
Graduated in 1998
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert Dohner in this video.
Dr. Robert Dohner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Augusta, ME.