- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert E Davis MD
Dr. Robert E Davis, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sugar Land, TX. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Davis is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert E Davis has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert E Davis has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Robert E Davis is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert E Davis - Posted on October 11th, 2018
Dr. Davis is one of the finest people, skilled and experienced physicians in the area... He identified a cancer in the colon that other doctors said many would have missed... We've been his patient for more than years than we can remember...His careful assessments and general nature are straight forward and sensitive to patient concerns. He practices medicine with a professional expertise, not symptomatic prescriptions and will likely not walk off into the sunset without our feeling a great loss to the practice of medicine...
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert E Davis - Posted on June 30th, 2018
Worst bedside manner
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert E Davis - Posted on April 28th, 2016
The ladies at front desk worked hard to get me worked in, which I truly appreciate. Office was clean and quite. However, Dr. Robert Davis could NOT have been more unfriendly, especially to my children. He walked in room, did not greet me, pointed to chair for me to sit and began asking me symptoms. NOT EVEN A HELLO. Started mumbling and jabbering words that I had no idea what they meant. My six year old son was standing in corner and swinging small cord on headphones. He looks at him very sternly and in a demanding and unpleasant voice say, "STOP swinging that and SIT down." He made me feel that my symptoms did not make sense, told me to go get ultrasound and left room. There was no "thank you" or "hope we get this taken care of", etc. The doctor clearly hates his job and needs to throw in the towel!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert E Davis - Posted on April 4th, 2016
Dr. Davis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Robert E Davis Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGREATER HOUSTON GASTROENTEROLOGY, 1111 Highway 6 Ste 105, Sugar Land, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert E Davis, MD - Gastroenterology in Sugar Land, TX, in this video.
Dr. Robert E Davis is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Sugar Land, TX.