Dr. Robert Lefevre Is this you?

2.4

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Robert Lefevre?

Posted on October 7th, 2017

I saw Dr LeFevre in 2008-2009 at Kaiser's Pain Management program, as a chronic migraine sufferer. I expressed my concern to him about the amount of medication that I was taking and more importantly, that I believed that I was addicted to the medication. His words to me were ones that I would never forget- he told me that I "needed the medication like a diabetic needed insulin." I had gone in that particular appointment to see what other options I had because I knew I was enjoying that medication (fiorcet with codeine) way too much but instead- he increased my dosage to over 300 pills per month. At the time, although dumbfounded, I believed he was the professional and knew what he was talking about. I also knew that I liked how the medicine made me feel so I continued to take them, even after expressing to him my bodies built up tolerance and the unhealthy desire for the medication. A year later I moved to San Diego and started seeing a neurologist with Scripps Migraine Clinic who couldn't believe I was being prescribed that medication at all, let alone that amount. She said she had never seen a patient even being prescribed half that amount and I was only 30 years old. I had to be hospitalized for her to get me off of it, even after weaning me off. My instincts were right from the beginning and sometimes, you just shouldn't trust the "professional."

Pain is Not Acceptable!

Posted on September 15th, 2008

Dr. LeFevre has a great understanding of how a patient feels physically & emotionally when they are in pain and takes what you say very seriously. He has had a lot of past experience in different positions, so he is well-rounded as a person and a doctor. He takes time with me when I have an appointment with him, rather than rushing me out the door and on to the next patient. We have worked together to get a medication regimen that works for me, on an individualized basis. The trouble getting an appointment with him is due to his involvement in teaching and consultation so his office hours are shortened.

Posted on October 20th, 2017