Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Robert Mayfield
Dr. Robert Mayfield, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glen Allen, VA, with other offices in Powhatan, VA and Midlothian, VA (and 4 other locations). He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Mayfield is affiliated with Henrico Doctors' Hospital, CJW Medical Center - Chippenham Campus and Retreat Hospital. Dr. Mayfield has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Mayfield has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Robert Mayfield is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 6
I have been a patient for over 5 years and wouldn't consider going anywhere else! Dr. Mayfield is very personable and makes conversation easy between physician and patient. I have never felt rushed by him or anyone on his team. The only negative comment I have is the young women who work in the reception area - 9 times out of 10, they are rude. I hate that because once you get behind that area, there is an entirely different tone. Dr. Mayfield is absolutely wonderful!!
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Mayfield is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Henrico Doctors' Hospital
CJW Medical Center - Chippenham Campus
Henrico Doctors' Hospital - Parham Campus
John Randolph Medical Center
C J W Medical Center - Johnston - Willis Campus
Chippenham/JHNSTN Wils Hospitals
16 Years Experience
University of Virginia
Graduated in 1997
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert Mayfield, MD - Family Medicine in Glen Allen, VA, in this video.
Dr. Robert Mayfield is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glen Allen, VA.