Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Shapiro
Dr. Robert Shapiro, MD, FACC is a Doctor primarily located in Reading, PA, with other offices in Springfield, VA and Reading, PA (and 2 other locations). He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Shapiro is affiliated with HEALTHSOUTH Rehabilitation Hospital/Reading, St. Joseph Medical Center - Reading, Pa and University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Shapiro has the following 1 specialty
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Stress Echocardiography
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I went to Dr. Shapiro because I thought I needed cholesterol medicine. My cholesterol was high for two years in a row and my internist wouldn't give me medicine. I am a registered nurse in a hospital and while discussing this at work another Doctor told me to see Dr. Shapiro (cardiologist that my husband actually sees). I made an appointment. Routine EKG was performed. When Dr. Shapiro walked in he was asking me why I was there, and asking tons of heart related questions . I asked him if my EKG was abnormal since I had an abnormal EKG many times before and worked up with no answers- everything fine. Dr. Shapiro sent me for s stress echo at the hospital (he was there during the procedure). He noticed the measurement of the ventricle off a little bit. He was not alarming me at all since I was able to finish the test without any problems or chest pain. He sent me for an MRI. This showed I had a rare genetic problem ARVD. I was then referred to an electrophysiologist and within a month had an ICD placed. This pick up by Dr. Shapiro was amazing and life saving. Not only for me but my three children that now have to be worked up for the same inherited problem. I had this abnormal EKG for at least 15 years. No one ever took the time ( or had the interest) in digging deeper. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Shapiro. He is extremely personable and down to earth.
Dr. Shapiro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
HEALTHSOUTH Rehabilitation Hospital/Reading
St. Joseph Medical Center - Reading, Pa
St Josephs Medical Center-Lancaster
20 Years Experience
Temple University Physicians
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Robert Shapiro accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert Shapiro in this video.
Dr. Robert Shapiro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reading, PA.