Dr. Robert Turner III Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Robert Turner III?

Waiting to be referred to a new doctor

Posted on October 25th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Turner since 2009. My first initial visit was very thorough and felt it needed to be after waiting 2 1/2 hours in the waiting room. He checked every joint. It was after that initial visit that it turned into just follow-ups where prescriptions are written and there is no exam. I am asked to rate my pain, but nothing changes as far as meds go even when pain is worse. I go for labs each and every time and they are not gone over with me. One time another patient's labs were in my chart and he was telling me one of my labs returned high and then said "Oh wait, these labs belong to another patient." That scared me. I'm glad he caught it before giving me a medication not meant for me. On top of visits being horrible, the office staff are rude. I had two appointments rescheduled without me knowing and getting an appointment is hard. The office staff do not call to confirm appointments, so I call now to confirm. It occurred twice now that I called to find my appointments were cancelled. He asks that I see him every two months each time I go in. Now, because they cancelled my appointment due to scheduling conflicts on their end, I'm going 6 months now without seeing him and he has me on medications to treat an autoimmune disease that requires regular labs to be drawn and adjustments to medication. My primary is going to refer me to a new Rheumatologist. It's about time I let my insurance and copays which are high go to a physician who is going to take care of me rather than throw prescriptions at me and up dosages rather than find out what the underlying issues are. And to an office staff who can do their job. All of my visits I have been satisfied with the phlebotomists who draw my blood and that's it!

Posted on May 3rd, 2011

I am desperately searching for a rheumatoligist because Dr. Turner does not seem to have any concern for the pain I continue to be in. As one commentor on this site has said, he starts writing prescriptions immediately after asking if my pain on a scale of 1-10, no matter if pain is a 5 or a 10+.The prescriptions are not necessary because these are meds my medical Dr. attends to. I left in tears. My 17 yr. old daughter could not believe his cold, indifferent bedside manner.

Posted on April 22nd, 2011

My experience with Dr. Turner was exceptional. He readily diagnosed my problem and prescribed an affordable treatment. Took a little time to get the appointment, but was well worth the wait.

Posted on November 9th, 2010

Overall my ezperience was good. tho' the wait was a bit long, the doctor took a meticulous history and very comprehensive exam. Several days later he called and reviewed all my labs and test results with me. I continue to see him and am doing quite well with my rheumatoid arthritis. I would send my friends and family to him for arthritis care.

Posted on June 28th, 2009

when I first visited dr turner, he did a breast exam. never heard of arthritis in the breast. explained i had just had my annual exam with gyn but he did it any way. starts writing prescriptions before he even looks at me. then he only exams fingers, knees and feet. bedside manner is very very poor.

Posted on April 13th, 2017