Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert E Engstrom Jr has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Vision Issues
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retina Surgery
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- Retinal Disorders
- Eye Pain
- Eye Exam
- Lasik Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I really want to give this practice NO star. The staffs are horrible. They are extremely unprofessional. They always rush through the testings and then stand out there chatting about their personal affairs despite other patients are waiting. I have complained to the doc but obviously he's not doing anything. This is not a one time thing because I have been a patient here for over a few years now. I finally had it with the practice and transferred my care to somewhere else.Very frustrating. Also the doc said I should have some extra in-office test--but they let me leave without administering it and I had to go back for it. Doctor Engstrom is a liar beware of his vocabulary he convinces patients to have surgeries as soon as possible ! SCAMMER !
I was referred to Dr. Engstrom with chronic Central Serous Retinopothy and at risk for serious vision loss. He not only offered a detailed tretment plan, but carefully tracked progress with the most advanced techniques around. He explained in as much detail as I needed how my long-term prognosis looked. It's been a long journey, but I'm feeling most hopeful of no further vision loss!
DR. ENGSTROM IS VERY PROFESSIONAL. EXPLAINS EVERY DETAIL (BRIEFLY BUT CLEAR) HE MAKES THE PATIENT AND THE FAMILY FEEL COMFORTABLE ASKING QUESTIONS TOWARDS ANY TEST, SURGERY, AND ANY BEING DONE TO THE PATIENT. DR. ENGSTROM EVEN GOES BEYOND WHAT ANY DOCTOR HAS DONE CALLING AND CHECKING UP ON HIS PATIENT TO MAKE SURE HE OR SHE IS DOING WELL.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
30 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Robert E Engstrom Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net Salud EPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsValley Retina Associates Medical Group Pc, 16500 Ventura Blvd Ste 250, Encino, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert E Engstrom Jr in this video.
Dr. Robert E Engstrom Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Encino, CA.