Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Brown
Dr. Robert Brown, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pagosa Springs, CO, with another office in Pagosa Springs, CO. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include General Practice and Family Medicine. Dr. Brown is affiliated with Pagosa Mountain Hospital and East Texas Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Brown has the following 2 specialties
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 5 of 9
As a long time practicing RN, I recognize physician qualities. Dr. Brown is a highly skilled physician with a very high level of competence. More importantly, he takes the time to listen to what the patient is saying. I believe he actually belongs in a medical institution teaching brilliant MD's how to be physicians and human beings.
Dr. Brown is one of the few very good doctors in Pagosa Springs. For that reason he is very busy trying to keep up with demand. He has also had health emergencies in his own family.He is very caring, but he is a family doc and can't possibly know everything. My case involved a very difficult to diagnose disease and to his credit he worked with me and was cooperative helping me get labs and an appointment with the specialist I needed. He always tried to help.He has a nurse in his office who was always condescending and pushy (even to the point of telling me I didn't do enough advocating for myself, which is b.s.). Dr. Brown is a good doctor, trying to help people in spite of all the challenges. I highly recommend him as a primary care physician.
Dr. Brown is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Pagosa Mountain Hospital
East Texas Medical Center
24 Years Experience
The University of Texas Southwestern
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Robert Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pagosa Springs, CO.