Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert F Elder
Dr. Robert F Elder, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Knoxville, TN. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Elder is affiliated with University Of Tennessee Medical Center. Dr. Elder has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert F Elder has the following 2 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Robert F Elder has the following 11 expertise
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
Dr. Robert F Elder has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Robert F Elder is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Robert Elder was my gynecologist in the early 90's and he is the reason I have not had a male gynecologist since. Because of physical traumas I experienced as a child, gynecological exams were particularly excruciating for me. At the time I had physical reactions to the examination process that I had no understanding of or, more importantly, control over. I was unable to control my body's reaction and he had no patience for it. Robert Elder, at that point in his career, had neither the sympathy, patience, or interest to lead me through a physically and emotionally devastating experience: a simple gynecological exam. And I remember his exact words: "I can't deal with this...You need to find another doctor." I did find another physician. I hope that somewhere in the back of his mind he remembers me and I hope it has helped to make him a more understanding and caring doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Elder is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
East Tennessee State University James H Quillen College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. Robert F Elder accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Knoxville PPOx
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUt Womens Specialty Care, 1928 Alcoa Hwy Ste B300, Knoxville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert F Elder in this video.
Dr. Robert F Elder is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Knoxville, TN.