Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Marvin
Dr. Robert Marvin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Drexel Hill, PA, with other offices in Upper Darby, PA and Philadelphia, PA . He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Marvin is affiliated with Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr and Delaware County Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Marvin has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Robert Marvin has the following 7 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Robert Marvin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Marvin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Crozer-Chester Medical Center
Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
Delaware County Memorial Hospital
M L Hospital, Inc Lankenau
Crozer-Chester Med Ctr, Chester, Pa
M L Hospital, Inc Bryn Mawr
Delaware County Mem Hosp, Drexel Hill, Pa
48 Years Experience
Temple University Physicians
Graduated in 1965
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert Marvin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Drexel Hill, PA.