Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert F Scanlon Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Dr. Scanlon delivered 3 of my children and will be delivering my 4 th. He is excellent!! Always kind and answers all my questions. I would definitely recommend him. His office staff and nurses are the nicest women. Always friendly!!! They remember who I am even after a couple of years of not being pregnant. Hard to believe review number one. Dr. Scanlon was the doctor who helped during the birth of my daughter who was premature. Simply he is the best!!
I went to dr. scanlon with my first pregnancy and didn't know about the 11 week nuchal scan test. At 20 weeks i had my level 2 sonogram at huntington hospital and learned my child had trisomy 18. i called Dr. Scanlon and he told me that he would not participate in my medical care going further even though the doctors at huntington told me my child had no chance to live. He told me the only thing he would do for me is to send me to a halfway house where my child would be born stillborn. The baby heart was only half functional and i believe dr. scanlon was aware there was an issue and chose not to say anything during my office sonograms and heart rate checks. He claims to be a staunch catholic but he is clearly a deceptive person.
Dr. Scanlon is the best OB I have ever had. He is calm, attentive, knowledgeable, and family-friendly. I felt he always treated me as an individual, not just another case. He did an amazing job during the delivery which was natural.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2011, 2010, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2014, 2009, 2013, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
30 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
University Hospital Suny Stony Brook
Dr. Robert F Scanlon Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert F Scanlon Jr in this video.
Dr. Robert F Scanlon Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bay Shore, NY.