Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert F Thompson Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert F Thompson Jr has the following 3 expertise
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
Showing 5 of 17
I have seen Dr. Thompson twice for nerve ablation on my lower back. He is very warm, patient with my questions, and willing to allow me to participate in my care. He was concerned for my comfort throughout the procedure. His staff is very friendly. I was very touched when one of the nurses held my hand during the procedure. They took very good care of me both times and I would definitely recommend him to a friend.
My overall treatment was great. However, Dr. Thompson did not want to do the procedure when he heard that I had already had three blocks done this year with no success. He went ahead and I was hoping I would have relief. I am still in alot of pain. was given a muscle relaxer. I am not having muscle spasms, the pain and numbness in my legs is nerve related. I just don't know what to do or where to turn, I have been sent by my primary doctor to a Neurosurgeon then back to my primary and then to Dr. Thompson. I've had PT and Chiropractic services in the past also. I am at the end of my rope, I can't stand this pain.
Dr. Thompson is absolutely the best. He really cares, and is determined to improve your quality of life, and will do whatever is necessary to do just that. He accidently pressed too hard on a very tender spot causing me a lot of pain. He actually had tears in his eyes because of it, and he did improve my life.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
31 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Robert F Thompson Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert F Thompson Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tupelo, MS.