Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Robert J Fauer
Dr. Robert J Fauer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Fauer is affiliated with Abrazo Scottsdale Campus and Scottsdale Healthcare Shea. Dr. Fauer has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert J Fauer has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Robert J Fauer has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Robert J Fauer is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 32
Dr Fauer is very caring and never makes me feel rushed. He offers sound medical diagnosis, and prescribes treatment starting with the least invasive/side effect option available. He often had medical students working with him, which is fine because there is a lot of question/answer or teaching opportunities. I recently moved 130 miles away and still use Dr Fauer as my primary care physician for non-emergencies
He recently switched offices but I was never called or otherwise informed? I had to drive to the old office and found out from a different doctor in the complex. When I got to the new office it was still under active construction - the patient rooms weren't even finished! I went in to see him because I was having symptoms for over a month and he told me it was "probably psychosomatic" before even examining me. I don't know if he dismissed me because I am a woman, but I will NOT be returning to such an unprofessional office and uncaring physician. I followed up with a different doctor who actually ordered a diagnostic test and found it was not, in fact, psychosomatic.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Fauer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Robert J Fauer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO