Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert E Federici
Dr. Robert E Federici, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Albuquerque, NM. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Federici is affiliated with Heart Hospital Of New Mexico, Lovelace Medical Center - Downtown and UNM Hospital (Univ of NM). Dr. Federici has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert E Federici has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. F. was able to perform a procedure that I had been told could not have been done without sawing my chest open. I am writing this one week later. I feel and look 10 years younger. His bedside manner is excellent. He is not arrogant or cocky and it is nice to see that the staff likes him for his good nature. He is human and can seem a bit flighty but when you have his attention he is all yours and he LISTENS.
Dr. Federici is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Robert E Federici accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Presbyterian ASO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsColorado Springs Vascular, 201 Cedar St SE, Albuquerque, NM
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert E Federici in this video.
Dr. Robert E Federici is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albuquerque, NM.