Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert Fiscella has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
Dr. Robert Fiscella has the following 7 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Robert Fiscella is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 4
Dr. Fiscella worked for many years with my son, who has a serious mental illness. My son is someone who always liked and respected Dr.Fiscella but I know that my son can be very difficult at times. I know that if anyone was able to help improve his life, it was Dr.Fiscella. He is extremely knowledgeable, caring, warm and patient. I am a psychotherapist in private practice many years. I've known many, many doctors and psychiatrists and I can honestly say, there are few people who are as competent and caring as Dr.Fiscella. So many doctors are either one. Dr. Fiscella is both. There are very few people who stand out in our memories as both capable and who really care. Dr. Fiscella is one of those people.
Was my psychiatrist for years. As an airline pilot, he helped me through some serious troubles. I could always count on him not to be a "company" (FAA) man. He is kind, told me when I was screwing up, but really supportive. Still see him occasionally, always available on short notice, completely informal, doesn't care about money, sometimes we meet for two hours!
Dr. Fiscella is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baltimore VA Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions10 N Greene St, Baltimore, MD
Dr. Robert Fiscella is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.