Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Fonda
Dr. Robert Fonda, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newport Beach, CA, with another office in Newport Beach, CA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Fonda is affiliated with Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian. Dr. Fonda has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Fonda has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Robert Fonda is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Fonda is a wonderful professional who takes great care of his patients. If you are seeking out an Anesthesiologist, take note of the above recommendation from the nurse who works at Hoag. The initial, flip comment should be taken with a grain of salt. I personally would not take physician advice from somebody who can barely put two sentences together.
This Dr. carelessly placed an esoooooooooophegeeeal pr4ob up my nose and cut 1 cm laceration and I became anaeeeemic and they had to give me two pints of blood
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Fonda is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
33 Years Experience
University of Southern California
Graduated in 1980
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert Fonda in this video.
Dr. Robert Fonda is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.