Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert L Freed has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Showing 5 of 27
Receptionist is about the only helpful person there, whoever does their billing does it *consistently* wrong, orders my Remicade incorrectly (they recently set it up to be delivered to my home!), and the Dr gives minimal interaction, seems more interested in taking phone calls & preparing to leave early. I guess you have to be a "favorite" patient to get any real attention.
This review is my recollection of the events that occurred during and after my appointments with Dr. Freed. He answered his cell phone in the exam room, TWICE, to argue over a tee time. I don't tolerate that kind of behavior from my own children, let alone from a doctor that I'm paying to provide a professional service. I got the results of my diagnostic work and promptly found a new doctor. Two years later, I received a screaming, harassing phone call from a super shady collection agency who said that Freed had sold my "delinquent account" to them and I had to pay immediately, or else. With a little research, I discovered that he sent me to collections for a $5.00 co-pay that I had records of having paid. His so-called bookkeeper refused to discuss the issue with me, or correct their own records. I'm STILL getting calls about this bogus charge. I can see from the other reviews on this site that I am just one of many people that he has, in my opinion, ripped off.
The experience with Robert Freed has been infuriatingly frustrating. I left the initial consulting appointment with there being no confirmed diagnosis. And he informs me to come back when the pain is worse. I prepared to pay the co-pay I went to the front desk and the lady proceeds to inform me that they will confirm with my insurance if any payment is needed. I tell her that I'll need to pay the co-pay and she says she'll bill me if needed to. So I leave and receive a bill with my name incorrectly spelled a few months later. I received the bill late because I had moved. I paid the bill and sent an updated address along with it. I see that the check is cashed. But another month later I received a late payment notice. Then I get another notice a month after that. So I call the office and explain that the check was cashed. And the lady apologizes and asks me to send over a copy of the cashed check. I fax it over. And then today I get notice that there's a statement of delinquency. Faxed the cashed check over again. This office really needs to get it together.
45 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Queens Hospital Center
Dr. Robert L Freed accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHoag Irvine Physicians, 16300 Sand Canyon Ave Ste 708, Irvine, CA
Dr. Robert L Freed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Irvine, CA.