2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Robert L Freinkel?

allergies

Dr Freinkel is great, he has a very dry and somewhat cynical sense of humor which I love, and I am loudly laughing every time I see him. I went in with a problem with swelling on my face that my dermatologist had no idea what it was and the second Dr Freinkel saw me he knew exactly what it was. He gives you good advice and keeps track of progress. He is very cut and dry but like I said has the dry sense of humor to go along with it. I have been going to him for two years now. I currently see him for seasonal allergies.

Dr. Freinkel is knows about allergy but he is very impersonal. I felt like part of a patient mill. When he did talk with me, the words he use were obviously very well used lines he had used over and over again with countless patients. He sounded like he was reciting them. Once he handed me off to his friendly nurse for allergy testing, I did not see him again during the appointment. I don't really know what was discovered or not discovered during the testing and what the "next steps" are. I've got a follow-up appointment schedule and I'm hoping for a lot better experience. If not, I won't be returning.

Doctor's Response

I apologize that you feel this way. I have been treating allergy patients for nearly 40 years. This may be the reason that it sounds as though I am speaking from a script, or that my answers sound rote. I discuss allergy skin testing and the RN performs the actual skin tests. A doctor evaluates the tests and later discusses the results with the patient. There is no need for the doctor to remain in the room while the testing is conducted. If you have any questions at your next appointment, please ask so that we make certain you feel informed about the tests performed and the results.

Dr. Robert L Freinkel is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fairfield, CA.

Dr. Robert L Freinkel Is this you?