Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert G Thompson Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert G Thompson Jr has the following 12 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
Dr. Robert G Thompson Jr has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Robert G Thompson Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Called in to schedule apt for me and my 14 yr old son. I said I'd like to schedule a new patient apt for my son and I. Receptionist said what insurance do you have. I told her. She said how old is your son I said 14. Receptionist oh we don't take patient that young. You pull up the site and it advertises family practitioner. ??????
I have been going to Dr. Thompson for over 30 years. I am not rich, not a celebrity, nobody special. But I have always been treated with courtesy, warmth, professionalism and respect by both the doctor and his staff. If ever there were a delay or a wait, it was a rare occurrence and never unreasonable. It was always acknowledged and apologized for. His staff is experienced, friendly, professional and, frankly, good at what they do. Dr. Thompson is a skilled diagnostician who has helped me with empathy, patience and understanding - even when I didn't want to hear what he had to say. Over the years, he has referred me to appropriate specialists who were invariably some of the best in their area. An excellent doctor. I worry about what I'll do when he retires.
- University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
University Of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System
Dr. Robert G Thompson Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRobert G Thompson Md, 509 Olive Way Ste 1138, Seattle, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert G Thompson Jr in this video.
Dr. Robert G Thompson Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.