Dr. Robert Garrett Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Robert Garrett?

Posted on August 24th, 2013

Dr. Garrett is one of the finest doctors around. I wish every doctor had as much kindness, knowledge, and caring as he does. He has helped me over the last 7 years and I trust him totally. I would recommend Dr. Garrett to anyone. My son sees him and I would trust him with anyone I love. Can't find a better doctor.

Excellent Professional

Posted on June 4th, 2012

Dr. Garrett cares about his patients and tries his best to help them overcome whatever is a problem for them. He understands work issues and helped me with my meds to ensure I was getting the correct dosages. I do not always agree with his suggestions because I know better than any doctor what works for me and what does not. I like him, he listens and understands. Some patients do not know what is needed and therefore, may not always see eye to eye, but I would highly recommend him.

He saved my life

Posted on May 9th, 2012

I can't imagine what the prior posters are talking about. Dr. Garrett called me almost daily while finding the right combination of meds for my unique needs. I was dysfunctional, suicidal. Empathetic, steered our conversations in to make me realize things were better, and could be maintained.He mentioned several times, well over half his patients don't take their meds, don't show up, don't actually participate, wanting a miracle. Getting better requires work, hard work. Could be the posters didn't like the treatment, blame him for it failing.He never mentioned studies, his opinion of drug companies and meds is they're overpriced, usually the older, cheaper (lithium) work just as well as the $15 a pill med. Again, I can't believe these ratings. I've worked with other counselors, trying to get my head on straight.He's the only one who did it.

Traumatizing

Posted on September 6th, 2011

I would suggest this man be investigated before he causes further harm to already fragile individuals who pay to be emotionally abused by a sick man. He also AGGRESSIVELY pushed a new medication for Autistic kids and Schizophrenics on me. I was diagnosed as having anxiety due to PTSD. I wanted to be sure it wasn't just patient-doctor chemistry, but after contacting the hospital where he works, I was told there's "something very wrong with that man". I felt traumatized after my sessions with this so called doctor. I have no doubt he's causing more mental anguish for his patients than anyone should have to endure.

Doctor's Response

I try to make a supportive, positive connection with every patient. Unfortunately, I cannot make that connection with everyone that comes to a psychiatric appointment. If you would like to see recent reviews by verified patients, please search for me on PATIENTFUSION, where there are over 80 reviews by patients.

Rob Garrett

Posted on April 30th, 2011

I had a negative experience with this psychiatrist.

Great experience

Posted on April 25th, 2011

Dr. Garrett is my only experience with a psychiatrist. I was never standing on a ledge, but was sad, angry, depressed, no fun, worried, unproductive, and was generally "down." At the first meeting dr. Garrett explained the process, got a fair understanding about what was going on in my life, and got things rolling in a positive direction-- giving me the idea that things were going to change for the better. I saw him for a couple times a month for 6 months or so, then monthly for a year and a half, then less frequently. I see him now about once a year. I think I saw him first in 2006 which would have been early in his practice. (I thought he was pretty good at the outset... He's probably much better now.) I believe he is the only MD in his office taking insurance.

ROB GARRETT

Posted on January 6th, 2011

Be aware that this doctor might want to enroll you in a research study. Make sure you have all the facts before you enroll in a study.

Robert K. Garrett

Posted on November 29th, 2010

Inexperienced. Poor grasp of psychotherapy techniques.

Posted on September 29th, 2017