Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert W Given
Dr. Robert W Given, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Virginia Beach, VA, with another office in Norfolk, VA. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Given is affiliated with Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital, Sentara Leigh Hospital and Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. Dr. Given has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert W Given has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Urinary Tract Stones (Urolithiasis)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Kidney Stones
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
Showing 5 of 17
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2009, 2008, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Given is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
University Of Florida Health
Dr. Robert W Given accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert W Given in this video.
Dr. Robert W Given is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Virginia Beach, VA.