Dr. Robert A Gomez Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Robert A Gomez?

Would recommend

I have had two knee operations performed by Dr. Gomez. Satisfied with the results. He told me what to expect so there were no surprises. Very personable and straight forward. His office is sometimes slow in getting reports out or responding to the insurance offices but other than that has a great staff.

Good experience(s)

Dr Gomez has fixed both of my elbows (tendonitis) and shoulder. He did meniscus surgery on my husband and and an ACL surgery on another close friend. In my opinion, he does great work and follows up with the patient. He takes a number of insurance plans and according to what I've heard, he will work a deal with you if you are paying cash. I am going to return to him in the future for my bad knee. I would highly recommend him.

very good at what he does

my injury was very severe and i had the possibilty of never walking again.. Dr Gomez was my surgeon and i am able to walk again thanks to him and his expertise

Shocked

Arrogant, rude, just plain deceitful or truly unknowledgable. Mr. Gomez (refuse to call him Dr.) not only told me that my injury could only come from 1 specific action which is totally false, but continually tried to get me to have a surgery that I did not need which I know because I kept telling him that the symptoms I have are not what he is telling me will be fixed by the surgery. He would not address a solution for my symptoms and just kept blowing them off as if he knew what I was feeling better than I did. I'm not sure if he is over the top arrogant or just a lying surgery salesman. I wish I found this site earlier.

I've had two very succesful rotator cuff repairs. Dr. Gomez has trained at one of the most prestigious medical schools UCSF and he is current with the latest techniques. I had immediate relief with minimal recovery time.

Annoyed and angry

Too many hidden fees. They charged me ten dollars to have him fill out and fax my disability paperwork. Also, I had to pay cash. I almost am positive that they pocketed it. They charge me and my insurance as mush as the could without notifying me. $300 for a knee brace! Although Gomez seems very skilled he could be more upfront with his charges. Also, his staff is very nice accept for the European receptionist. Very rude tone. Overall, there is no doubt that I think he is a good if not great doctor. But he and his staff could be more upfront about there charges. To me it felt like they took advantage of me and it soured the patient/doctor relationship.