Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert I Greenblatt
Dr. Robert I Greenblatt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Union, NJ, with other offices in Kenilworth, NJ and Linden, NJ (and 1 other location). He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Greenblatt is affiliated with Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at Hamilton, Runnells Specialized Hospital and Overlook Medical Center. Dr. Greenblatt has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert I Greenblatt has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert I Greenblatt has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 20
I have been a patient of Dr. Greenblatt for over 10 years. He always listens to me, spends time to talk about what the problems can be, courses of action and follows up. It's hard to find a doctor like this anymore. I recommend him to anyone who has a digestive disease. He is thorough and does not force you to take medications that you may not feel comfortable taking.
Robert Greenblatt performed a routine colonoscopy for me in a professional maner. The total time for the procedure last only about 1 hr. The problem with this doctor and his facilities is that without insurance the total bill would have been $4,390.00 (doctor) and $17,719.00 (facility) for a total of $22,109.00. Fortunately, I had insurance because the total ended up being only $2,222.48 which is much better. However, $2,222.48 is a ridiculous amount which illustrates what is wrong with today's healthcare system. The other problem is that patient has no way of knowing what the costs will be in advance. But once the patient signs by the X then there is nothing that can be done for the patient.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Greenblatt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1979
Medical College Of Pennsylvania
Dr. Robert I Greenblatt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert I Greenblatt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Union, NJ.